Author Topic: 2011 Spring Meet  (Read 7922 times)

Offline Dick

• Old Timer
  • Administrator
    • Dick's web site
2011 Spring Meet
« on: March 27, 2011, 02:05:24 PM »
Hi Fellow CJA'ers,
     It was beginning to look like there wouldn't be a Spring Meet this year, when March came along, and I hadn't heard anything!  (Whats happening to this organization?)
    I sent an email to a few of you a while back, to see if any of you were going to XK's Open house, thinking that absent a "Spring Meet", we could at least get together for dinner if we were in SLO together.
I only got two positive responses, (from Jack Rabell, and Bill Rooklidge, who are both showing their cars on Sunday).
    President  Don Becker considers this to be our "Spring Meet", so,  Bill Rooklidge has checked with XK's, and they have nothing scheduled for Saturday night, the (April 9).
If you're planning to be in San Louis Obispo over the weekend of April 8-10,  email me, and if I get enough response, I'll secure a room so we can have a "Banquet".
If we only have a few, we will find a restaurant in or near the Quality Suites, and dine there.
   Because I don't have very many of your email address's, and the Roster I have with me is nine years old, I'd like to ask you to pass the word about this to any member you communicate with.
  The N&TB has gone to press, and we didn't have firm plans for a Banquet, so they won't get the word there.  I went to this Open House a couple of years ago, and it's a fun event.
There's a nice Get Together on Friday night, hosted by Jason Len, then the Open House on Saturday at XK's, with a SALE! (We might be able to go to "Tipsy's" Winery too.)
Then Dinner with your friends (I ate ALONE), on Saturday night!  Sunday is a JCNA Sanctioned Concurs at Jason's house.
When I went a couple of years ago, there was a large show, with many marques represented.  You'll enjoy it.  The show is a fundraiser for Multiple Sclerosis.
If you want more information, go to http://www.xks.com/open-house .
   I hope you can make it to the "SPRING MEET".  TELL YOUR FRIENDS!
Bob Gillette   
« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 02:16:29 PM by Dick »
Dick Strever
providing web hosting http://www.thehostingshack.com

Offline Gillette

• Board members & Officers
Re: 2011 Spring Meet
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2011, 09:25:28 PM »
Dick,
  Thanks for posting this.  Not much response, so we will have a small 10-12 members at the dinner.  There is talk about rain, but hoping it's another idle threat!,  Bob

Offline peterzobian

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2012, 05:37:56 PM »
I attended Jason Len's car meet for MS last Saturday, 4/14/2012, and took my 1949 alloy XK120. It was a nice day and lots of interesting cars -- not only Jags. Good food, good wine, good music, good people. Only two XK120's, mine and a late fixed head 120M.

Peter Zobian

Offline Dick

• Old Timer
  • Administrator
    • Dick's web site
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2012, 09:44:03 PM »
hi Peter
did you take any picts ?

Dick
Dick Strever
providing web hosting http://www.thehostingshack.com